Friday, April 17, 2009

Stress Relief Tip 17 April 2009



Here is your Heaven On Earth Stress Relief Tip for this week!

This is a tough one, and I'm not sure why people don't do it, if we think it's going to make us look incapable or whatever, but we don't ask for help when we need it.

There are two people I know who recently have gone through some challenges with their families, and one asked for help. They've come through it now, are getting over their problems, and everything has worked out very well for them. I think that's because the person who needed that help asked for it.

I know another lady who is taking care of an elderly relative and not only will she not ask for help, she won't accept help when it's offered. I honor where she is and her reasons for doing that, but at the same time she's getting very stressed out, she's getting very burned out, and it looks like she's headed for a place where not only is she not going to be able to care for her relative, she won't be able to take care of herself.

If you need a hand with something, ask. If the first person, or the second person, or even the fifth person you ask is not able to help you, honor where they are. You don't know what's going on in their lives, they really may not be able to help you at this time. Don't take "No" personally. Keep asking! The right person to help you will come along, and it will work out beautifully.

To help with that, I'd like to mention an organization for which I am the Admin person here in Bend: it's called Time Banks or Time Traders. This is a free service, a "pay it forward" organization in which you do favors for other people, and you earn time for doing that. You "pay" for favors for anything that you need by donating your time to another member. There's an online system behind this organization; you sign in, you then put in what you need and what you can do for others.

It's people helping people! If you would like more information, please send an email to me at stressrelief4me@gmail.com . Put Time Traders in the subject. If you would like me to call you, send your phone number, or I can attach and email the information to you. Either way is fine with me! If you are interested, just let me know!


Have a heavenly weekend!

Michelle

No comments: