Friday, September 24, 2021

Healthy Benefits of Dehydrated Fruits - Do It Yourself

 These are 10 benefits of dehydrated fruits identified by Food N Health. 

1 - Great source of nutrients

2 - Light on the stomach

3 - Easy to digest

4 - Source of instant energy

5 - Delicious

6 - Antioxidants

7 - Rich in Fiber

8 - Rich in calories

9 - Improves immunity

10 - No preservatives 

Number 10 is my personal favorite and the reason I do my own dehydrating. 


As I write, I have a batch of pears in my dehydrator. Above is a photo of strawberries and bananas I did yesterday. 


The berries are very sweet, and the bananas taste like candy. If you want a sweet and healthy treat for yourself and your family - especially kids! - you'll want to take advantage of this! 


It takes a while to dehydrate, anywhere from 4 to 10 hours depending on the density of the fruit, but the nice part is, once you have them set on the trays and turn it on, you can ignore it for the rest of the day! 


Another thing I've make in the past is croutons, plain, garlic, and cheese. Again, very simple, prep and forget for a few hours. 

It's actually pretty relaxing to do this, and you can feel satisfied in the knowledge you're doing something good for yourself, and your family if you have one, and your friends if you share - my friends love getting little jars of my dried fruits! They make sweet holiday treats! 


Here is a link to a dehydrator, the same brand I use but mine is an older model no longer available. This one has an excellent rating! 


No comments: